In this guide, we’ll explain how to add, delete, and change your Google Account on your Android smartphone. Do you want to change your Google or Gmail account on your Android phone instead of opening a new one on different devices? So this guide is for you.
When setting up a new Android device, most users add their primary Google / Gmail account as part of the installation process. However, eventually, some of us may want to switch to another Google Account (this could be your company account or your secondary Google Account). Fortunately, Google allowed Google or Gmail accounts to be exchanged without a factory reset.
So let’s get started on How to add and delete a Google Account on Android. Before changing your account, you must add the account you want to activate.
How to add and delete a Google Account on Android
How to add Google or Gmail accounts
- Go to “Settings” on your phone.
- Under Settings, you will find a tab called Accounts. You will see this tab under different headings, depending on the model of your phone.
- When you open the Accounts tab, you’ll find a list of your social media, email, and storage accounts.
- Under the list, you will find a tab “Add an account.” Click on this
- The button does what he says. It allows you to add accounts for all the different applications listed previously under the Accounts tab. Click on “Google.”
- Enter account details – your email address or phone number and password. You can also create a new Gmail account by clicking on “Create New Account” button.
- The phone adds your new account after following the process of adding your email. You can check by clicking on the Google tab. You will see the two (or more) accounts listed.
How to switch Google or Gmail accounts
- Go to Settings on your phone and find the Google tab.
- Scroll until you find the “Search and Now” tab.
- In this tab, you will see another tab – Accounts and Privacy, click on it. The cost should be the first on the list under “Find Now.”
- On the Account & Privacy tab, the first tab in the list is “Google Account.” Click on this, and it will open a menu where you can select your favorite account. You can also choose to log out of your account by clicking on the “Logout” option.
If you do not want to change your Google or Gmail account but want to delete them, here’s what you do.
- Access your phone’s settings.
- Scroll down and click the Accounts tab.
- Click Google.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Click on “Delete Account” in the menu that appears.
Make sure that’s what you want to do because it removes all contacts and information stored on this account. We recommend that you disable Google or Gmail accounts until you are sure you can skip the report.
This was all in this tutorial on how to add and delete a Google Account on Android. This method is 100% working. Incase, you face any kind of problem, contact us in the comment section below.
Related Key Terms: How to add and delete a Google Account on Android, How to remove my Gmail account from a device, Remove a Google Account From Android Without Deleting the Account, How to Add Remove and Switch Google Account on an Android Phone